Sorcerers fight from range, shaping magic through an arcane disc, channeling the force of will into sheets of flame, icy blades, and spheres of pure energy. The sorcerer strikes and evades and strikes again, flanking the foe, leaping out of danger, playing a game of position. With only sorcerous robes for protection, staying clear of attacks is vital, and dealing massive damage in a spectacular fashion is all in a day's work for this explosive class.
Warriors of the intellect, sorcerers are at their best when they stand apart, watch for vulnerability, and then make their foes pay dearly for it. Sorcerers may not be as flexible as other classes, but when your close-quarters companions fall in battle it's awfully nice to have arcane artillery at your disposal.
Sorcerers can slow down or trap targets, but their specialty is killing the greatest number of foes in the shortest period of time. Their skills are a mix of area, in-line, and targeted attacks and debuffs.
They set traps of explosive power and traps of pure killing agony. They recharge the mana spent in combat, and are soon ready to fight again. Their unbridled killing clout makes them indispensable to any party of adventurers.
|1||Fireball||Shoot a fireball at a target, doing more damage if the target is nearby.|
|1||Flame Pillar||Summon a column of flame directly in front of you that burns any enemies within it.|
|2||Mana Infusion||Replenishes some of your mana over several seconds.|
|2||Backstep||Take quick steps backward and out of harm's way.|
|4||Magma Bomb||Arc a fiery projectile several meters away, where it explodes, damaging anyone nearby.|
|6||Painful Trap||Set a trap that explodes in all directions when stepped on. Trap lasts ten seconds.|
|8||Time Gyre||Freezes any targets you lock onto in place and prevents players from dodging or teleporting.|
|10||Ice Needle||Launch an ice shard that briefly slows the movement speed of each target it pierces.|
|12||Retaliate||Leap to your feet while attacking your target. You can use this skill only when knocked down.|
|14||Painblast||Several targets within a circle several meters in front of you writhe in agony and take damage for several seconds. This skill inflicts less damage on other players.|
|14||Mana Siphon||Charge up and absorb mana from the targeted nearby foe.|
|16||Glacial Retreat||Freeze the ground before you as you leap backward, damaging and briefly decreasing the movement speed of those nearby.|
|18||Arcane Pulse||You charge up a slow-moving but deadly energy ball that plows through multiple enemies inflicting damage.|
|20||Flaming Barrage||Lock onto several nearby foes and un-erringly fire bolts of white-hot flame at them.|
|22||Teleport Jaunt||Teleport a short distance in the direction the camera faces.|
|24||Mindblast||Briefly put to sleep any targets in a circle centered several meters in front of you.|
|26||Fireblast||Blast any targets in a large flaming circle a few meters in front of you.|
|28||Lightning Trap||Set a trap with a ten-second duration that briefly paralyzes anyone in its area of effect.|
|32||Overchannel||Your next attack within a few seconds does more damage.|
|36||Void Pulse||Launch a powerful sphere at a single target.|
|40||Mana Barrier||Cast a magical shield that absorbs up to a fixed amount of damage, burning mana to do so.|
|44||Burning Breath||An ember of energy locks onto and drills into targets, burning them slowly. This skill does less damage to other players.|
|48||Burst of Celerity||Your attack speed increases briefly.|
|52||Hail Storm||Summons an ice storm in front of you that damages and progressively slows everyone within it.|
|56||Nerve Exhaustion||Lock onto and hex nearby players so that they can't use the basic attacks that recharge their mana.|
|58||Mana Volley||The target players you lock onto slowly bleed mana, which you drink in.|
- Ranged Offense
- Sorcerers are artillery. They deliver power against targets with pinpoint accuracy or punishing barrages. Sorcerers shorten fights, clearing out minor threats quickly with area-of-effect attacks or doing massive damage to large foes with targeted skills.
- Magical Mischief
- Sorcerers also provide covering fire, slowing down enemies with traps or blunting their buffs so that healers and melee fighters can maneuver more easily.
- Because aim and positioning are so critical to being a good sorcerer, they wear only cloth armor. Less weight means more speed.
- Through the lens of the disc, sorcerers shape the force of their will, turning mental energy into physical force. The spinning disc focuses, reinforces and redirects each spell precisely where needed.
Starting at level 20, glyphs can be applied to customize your sorcerer's skills in a variety of ways. Here are some samples:
- Persistent Magma Bomb
- Gain a chance for Magma Bomb’s cooldown to refresh as soon as you cast it.
- Longshot Fireball
- Increases the range of your Fireball spell.
- Spirited Mana Infusion
- Your Mana Infusion replenishes more of your mana.
- Numbing Ice Needle
- Your Ice Needle skill slows its targets even more than normal.
- Multiplicative Time Gyre
- Capture even more targets in your Time Gyre skill.
- Lingering Ice Needle
- When your Ice Needle skill slows a target, the chill lasts even longer.
- Lingering Glacial Retreat
- Your Glacial Retreat skill slows your opponents down even longer.
- Numbing Painblast
- Adds a chance that your Painblast skill may slow the movement speed of those it hits.
- Shared Fireblast
- If your Fireblast skill hits more than one target, it does bonus damage.
- Hastened Fireblast
- Cast your powerful Fireblast spell faster.